St David’s joined the Learning Together Trust in November 2018 and is converter Academy. There is a history of collaborative partnership between the schools as part of the LA consortia and local network.
St David’s is a Church of England Primary school with an established link to St David’s church and is part of the Diocese of Liverpool. The school has up to 30 places for each school year Reception to Year 6 and offers both a breakfast & after school club The TCC, which is run by school staff.
St. David Haigh & Aspull CE Primary School stands in its own grounds, including a hard surface playground and a large playing field to the rear, enjoying panoramic views of the Pennines and Blackpool on a clear day! The original building – erected in 1843 & opened in 1846 - has had several changes over the years. It was designed by Lord Crawford and presents a pleasing frontage to Copperas Lane, standing well-proportioned above sloping lawns.
In Summer 2019, the Learning Together Trust supported the school in re-designing the interior of the school. This remodel included a new library space, centralising the Head’s Office and most significantly, creating a lovely new classroom for our Year 6 children. The school has achieved a number of accreditations including: The Church & School Partnership Award; Eco-Schools Bronze Award; and School Games Gold PE Award. The staff and pupils have benefited greatly from Trust collaboration and future plans for the Trust offer are exciting.